Looking for HVAC Service in Cincinnati? Only Hire a Trustworthy Contractor
by Greg Leisgang on April 21, 2014
Posted in: Service
Spring is the season to schedule HVAC maintenance or to research A/C replacements. If that's the case for your Cincinnati home, make sure you find a trustworthy contractor. Building a solid relationship with a qualified HVAC technician you can trust ensures your HVAC system runs as efficiently as possible. You'll benefit from whole-house comfort and healthy indoor air.
Here are tips for finding professional and trustworthy HVAC service in Cincinnati:
- Ask around. Word-of-mouth referrals are the most reliable. While online ratings and website testimonials can be helpful, there's no way to verify they're genuine. When you begin asking neighbors and friends which HVAC contractors they use or which ones they stay away from, you you can make a top 5 list of contractors to call. If you hear a name repeated more than once, put that one on the top of your list.
- Verify their contractor's license. There's no point in doing business with a contractor who isn't licensed or who's working on an expired license. A license indicates the contractor has met at least the minimum state and/or jurisdiction requirements to work in that field. You can verify that the license is active with your local building department.
- Check the BBB website. Check the Better Business Bureau website to look up a company's rating. You'll be able to see their grade from the BBB, as well as information about customer complaints, unresolved issues and more.
- Did they inspect your home? Whether you're scheduling repairs or replacing equipment, your current system should be inspected by the contractor before any quotes or bids are provided. This is essential for HVAC replacement, where sizing is critical. If they provide a quote by phone, you can move to the next contractor on your list.
- Only consider itemized bids. You need to be able to compare apples with apples when you're deciding between two bids. Prices for parts, labor, warranties and add-ons should be individually itemized.
Ready to get your HVAC system in shape for the warm season? Contact JonLe Heating & Cooling for expert HVAC service in Cincinnati.
Image via Shutterstock.com