9 Tips to Make Hiring an HVAC Contractor for Your Cincinnati Home Easier
by Greg Leisgang on June 12, 2014
Posted in: Service
Finding an HVAC contractor in Cincinnati who you can rely on and trust can take a little time and research. But in the long run, it's worth the work since your heating and cooling equipment is essential to you and your family's well-being.
Here are several tips to help you find the right HVAC technician for the job:
- Don't be shy - If anyone you know has used a good contractor recently, don't be afraid to ask for their contact information.
- Call references - Ask for a list of references and contact each one. Ask about the company's professionalism, quality of work, time completion and more.
- Check for licensing, bonding and insurance - Each contractor must follow minimum requirements for licensing, bonding and insurance. A contractor should be more than willing to provide documentation to show that they're in line with these requirements.
- Use online resources - Look at popular review sites to assess what former clients are saying about their experiences.
- Look for NATE certification - If a company doesn't use technicians who are certified by North American Technician Excellence, or NATE, it's best to look elsewhere.
- Ask about discounts - If you want to save a little money, check the contractor's website for special discounts or contact them directly.
- Expect a home evaluation - Once you hire an HVAC contractor, he or she should want to evaluate your home's current energy efficiency and analyze it for any future alterations.
- Ask about Energy Star - When installing new heating or cooling equipment, only equipment adorned with the Energy Star label should be considered. A good contractor won't suggest anything less.
- Get everything in writing - Get every detail of the work to be done on a project in writing before it begins. This will avoid problems that might pop up once everything is in motion.
For more advice on finding an HVAC contractor in Cincinnati or other home comfort questions, get in touch with JonLe Heating & Cooling. We've been serving the greater Cincinnati area since 1959.
Image via Shutterstock.com