5 Benefits of Staying on Top of Annual Air Conditioner Maintenance in Your Cincinnati Home
by Greg Leisgang on April 24, 2014
Posted in: Service
The milder weather of spring typically comes with decreased energy costs since you don't need to rely on your HVAC system as often. But before you know it, the summer will be here, and with it, the need to turn on the air conditioner to keep your Cincinnati home comfortable.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recommends scheduling annual preseason maintenance appointments to help avoid any issues come summer, and that's just one reason for ensuring your system is taken care of. Learn more about the benefits of having your A/C serviced this spring, as well as what to expect during the appointment.
Benefits of Air Conditioner Maintenance
On top of avoiding untimely breakdowns, the following are some of the perks of annual A/C maintenance:
- Your system will run more efficiently, saving money on monthly utility bills
- Improved indoor air quality
- Extended life of the air conditioner
- Your home will feel more consistently cool and comfortable
- Reduced carbon footprint
A/C Maintenance Appointment Checklist
- The thermostat settings are checked to ensure an optimal energy savings schedule.
- Every control is checked to make sure they operate safely and properly.
- Refrigerant levels are looked at and adjusted as needed to improve efficiency.
- All electrical connections are tightened and the current and voltage are measured to be sure they function safely and correctly.
- All moving parts are lubricated to prevent friction from occurring.
- Blower components are cleaned and adjusted to improve airflow.
- The condensate drain is inspected to see if there's anything clogging it.
- The condenser A/C coils and evaporator are cleaned to maximize efficiency.
Do you live in the greater Cincinnati area and need to schedule your annual air conditioner service appointment? Please feel free to contact us at JonLe Heating & Cooling anytime.
Image via Shutterstock.com