Hiring an HVAC Contractor in Cincinnati Made Easy With 9 Important Tips
by Greg Leisgang on June 11, 2013
Posted in: Service
When it comes time for the repair, replacement or annual maintenance of your HVAC equipment, finding the right person for the job is crucial. Read on for our comprehensive guide on what to look for when hiring an HVAC contractor for your Greater Cincinnati area home.
- Ask around. Family, friends and neighbors can be valuable resources. Ask those you know if they have an HVAC professional they would highly recommend.
- Obtain references. A qualified contractor will have a number of references to call on. Ask for at least three that are local and recent, and call each one with a list of prepared questions regarding their satisfaction with attitude, service and value.
- Check credentials. Check the Ohio Department of Commerce website to ensure that your contractor has a valid license.
- Verify insurance. Make sure your contractor carries up-to-date liability insurance. In the event of injury or damage while on the job, both parties will be protected.
- Shoot for the stars. NATE certification is the gold star in the HVAC industry. Hiring an HVAC contractor that has received this certification is your assurance that the technicians have undergone rigorous testing and that they're competent in their field.
- Make the grade. Verify that the contractor is a member of the Better Business Bureau, and that they have a high rating with no recent complaints filed against them.
- Inquire about a warranty. Find out exactly what's covered and make sure any warranty offered is in writing and easy to understand.
- Count on an estimate. Ask for a detailed estimate in writing, including parts, labor and estimated time of completion.
- Plan for the future. Great service doesn’t end when the job's done. Find out if the contractor offers a preventive maintenance plan to keep your equipment in top condition and help prevent costly repairs.
Hiring an HVAC contractor doesn’t need to be hard, but it does require you to do your homework. JonLe Heating & Cooling has everything you’re looking for. We’ve been working hard since 1959 to achieve our stellar reputation among homeowners in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Image via Shutterstock.com