How To Hire An HVAC Contractor In Cincinnati Who Will Get The Job Done -- Well
by Greg Leisgang on March 20, 2012
Posted in: Service
Maybe you've received a recommendation from a trusted friend. Or maybe you just copied the phone number from the truck you saw parked next door. Many people have used these means when they don't know how to hire an HVAC contractor themselves.
So if you want to learn, there are a few steps you should follow. And no offense to friends and neighbors everywhere, but these six steps on how to hire an HVAC contractor come from a respected authority on the subject: The U.S. EPA and Department of Energy:
- Talk with three contractors and ask them for references. Like most people, the contractor may give you the names of only satisfied customers. So surprise the contractor by asking for the name of someone who encountered a problem and/or lodged a complaint. How the contractor responds should provide you with some telling insights.
- Research license and insurance requirements before any work is done in your home.
- Ensure that the contractor is covered by commercial general liability insurance, which covers accidental injuries and property damage.
- Gather relevant information before the contractor arrives. Share this information with the contractor, along with a list of the problems you are experiencing with the system.
- Ask for a written estimate, and be sure it’s comprehensive. It should include the scope of the work, any equipment to be installed, the duration of the project, its cost and warranty information. Sometimes, an estimate becomes the contract. Either way, be sure to put everything in writing; a reputable contractor will not balk at this request.
- Request EnergyStar products, which meet efficiency guidelines set by the EPA. These products will save you money on your utility bills.
If all roads lead you to JonLe Heating & Cooling, you'll soon understand why once we gain a customer in the Greater Cincinnati area, we keep that customer for life. We've devoted our business to the principles of delivering superb customer service and only the best equipment--both designed to remove the stress of hiring the best HVAC contractor in Greater Cincinnati for your needs.
Image via Shutterstock.