Wondering Why All The Hype About Preventive Maintenance? Why It's An Essential Service For Your System's Health
by Greg Leisgang on November 7, 2011
Posted in: Service
Winter is hovering just around the corner here in southwestern Ohio, making this the perfect time of year to start preparing your home for the cold weather ahead. One item that should be at the top of your fall to-do list is having your home's heating system serviced by an HVAC specialist. Staying on top of preventive maintenance by scheduling regular service visits is one of the best ways to get the most out of your heating (and cooling) equipment. In fact, regular tune-ups can provide a number of benefits, including the following:
- Lower energy costs. Keeping your HVAC equipment clean and well lubricated by way of regular preventive maintenance allows it run as efficiently as possible, saving you money on utility bils.
- Fewer breakdowns. Regular maintenance helps you catch minor problems before they become major repairs, reducing the likelihood of future breakdowns.
- Longer equipment life. By reducing the overall amount of wear and tear on your system, preventive maintenance can help prolong the life of your equipment. Considering the high cost of replacing a furnace (or air conditioner), it makes sense to extend the life span of your existing systems by taking good care of them.
- Lower environmental impact. A well-maintained system consumes less power, helping to conserve natural resources and protect the environment for future generations to enjoy.
- Improved comfort. Keeping your system in tip-top shape makes it easier for your HVAC equipment to maintain a comfortable temperature throughout your living space. Not only that, but by making sure your filter is changed regularly, you can improve your indoor air quality, allowing you and your loved ones to breathe easier.
- Increased safety. During a service visit, an HVAC technician will address a number of potential hazards, including carbon monoxide leaks that can lead to accidental poisoning, making sure that your system is safe to operate.
If you live in the Greater Cincinnati area and would like to schedule a service visit this fall for your heating equipment, please contact the experts at JonLe Heating & Cooling.