Notice These Boiler Problems? Get Expert Help In Cincinnati Right Away
by Greg Leisgang on September 20, 2012
Posted in: Boilers
If your home has a boiler heating system, it's important to keep it well maintained and functioning properly to ensure that you and your family stay comfortable during the Cincinnati winter. Any signs of boiler problems require the attention of a qualified service professional to diagnose the problem and make needed repairs or adjustments.
So don't delay calling a technician if your unit experiences any of these boiler problems:
- Noisy pipes -- Noises coming from the pipes extending around the boiler might indicate that water is trapped in the return lines. One possible cause is that the pipes lack the proper slope as they carry water back to the unit.
- Leaks -- If you notice water leakage around a boiler, it may be caused by corrosion or rust in the unit. Water stains outside of the equipment may be an early warning sign of a leak. Some leaks might indicate that a part is failing. A leaky boiler needs to be checked by a service technician.
- Poor heating -- A boiler that does not produce enough heat may have improper water levels or a buildup of mineral deposits.
- Odors or smoke -- Smoke or any unusual odors coming from a boiler may indicate serious mechanical problems, and these boiler problems require immediate professional attention.
- Soot -- A unit that is releasing soot is generally not safe to operate. Get a technician to inspect the unit as soon as possible.
For more information on boiler problems and other issues related to home comfort, contact us at Jonle Heating & Cooling. We have served the greater Cincinnati area since 1959.
Image via Shutterstock.com