Evaluate Your Greater Cincinnati Home's Energy Efficiency To Make Changes That Impact Your Checking Account
by Greg Leisgang on September 29, 2011
Posted in: Energy Savings
When you invest in home improvements, you want to be sure you are getting the most value for your money and implementing changes that will make a measurable difference, especially when it comes to energy efficiency. Before you make decisions about which home improvements to do, consider getting an energy evaluation so you will be fully informed.
A professional energy evaluation will help you identify sources of energy loss so you will know exactly which areas need improvement. Depending on the results of your energy evaluation, you may decide to implement some of the following changes:
- Increase Insulation. The attic is an area that commonly lacks sufficient insulation; adding additional layers can help reduce monthly energy costs.
- Fix Leaks. Air leaks in door and window frames, walls, and other areas can reduce energy efficiency and cause your heating and cooling bills to increase.
- Repair Ductwork. When conditioned air escapes from your ducts, your home comfort system has to work harder; seal these leaks to save money.
- Install a Zoning System. If you have a single thermostat, a zoning system may help you effectively heat and cool your entire home while wasting less energy.
- Get a Programmable Thermostat. If you are heating and cooling your home when you are not actually in it, you are unnecessarily using excess energy. Installing a programmable thermostat can help you increase energy efficiency without sacrificing comfort.
- Upgrade Equipment. Advances in heating and cooling technology have significantly increased the efficiency of new equipment. Even if your home comfort system has not yet reached the end of its life, you can achieve substantial energy savings by upgrading to high-efficiency systems. If the initial investment is daunting, work with your contractor to determine how much money you can save on a monthly basis and how long it will take to recoup your investment.
For all of your heating and cooling needs in the Greater Cincinnati area, call the professionals at JonLe Heating & Cooling. We'll help you improve energy efficiency and increase home comfort, while staying within your budget. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.