Schedule Seasonal Maintenance for Your Air Conditioner Now
by Greg Leisgang on April 30, 2013
Posted in: Air Conditioners
With another beautiful Cincinnati summer just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about seasonal maintenance for your air conditioner. By scheduling professional services today, you can ensure that your cooling equipment will be ready to run at peak efficiency when the hot weather arrives.
Why should I be concerned about air conditioner maintenance?
Although seasonal maintenance for your air conditioner may feel like a chore, it can provide you with a number of benefits, including:
- Reduced utility bills - During maintenance, your technician will check that your system is running at top efficiency so that you avoid overspending on cooling costs.
- Safety - Planned air conditioner maintenance ensures that your equipment's operating safely so that you and your family are comfortable all summer.
- Reliability - Avoid the unnecessary stress and costs associated with a system breakdown during the middle of the summer by having your air conditioner checked now.
- System longevity - By regularly servicing your air conditioner, you're improving the odds that your system with run efficiently and effectively throughout its entire life expectancy.
- Warranty protection -With newer systems, your warranty may be contingent upon seasonal maintenance for your air conditioner. Staying current will protect the coverage.
What should I expect during planned air conditioner maintenance?
While servicing your cooling equipment, your HVAC technician should perform a number of tasks. He or she will:
- Verify correct refrigerant levels
- Inspect electrical connections for safety
- Verify thermostat functionality
- Tighten loose connections
- Evaluate safety controls
- Clean the condenser coil
- Lubricate moving parts
- Inspect fan blades for tightness
- Check combustion air
In addition, there are several do-it-yourself maintenance tasks for you to take care of, such as:
- Checking the air filter monthly and replacing when dirty
- Keeping the outdoor condensing unit free from debris
- Ensuring that all vents are free from obstructions to maximize airflow
To schedule the seasonal maintenance for your air conditioner, contact the professionals at JonLe Heating & Cooling. We're proud to serve residents of Butler County and the Greater Cincinnati area.
Image via Shutterstock.com