Cincinnati HVAC Service This Time of Year Should Focus on Furnace Inspections
by Greg Leisgang on October 17, 2013
Posted in: Service
Fall is the time to schedule HVAC service for your furnace. As a Cincinnati homeowner, you have a cold winter ahead of you, and you want to make sure everything is in proper working order before the first frost hits.
Why is HVAC Service Important?
It’s worth scheduling a professional furnace inspection every year if you want to enjoy the following benefits:
- Ensure the warranty remains valid
- Improve energy efficiency to the point that the inspection pays for itself through energy savings
- Prevent expensive repairs later down the road by catching problems early
- Promote system longevity
- Ensure proper operation for optimal safety
What to Expect from HVAC Service
When you schedule a tune-up, you can expect the technician to do much more than simply vacuum out dust. Here’s what the average HVAC service entails:
- Clean or replace the air filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Clean the blower motor.
- Conduct an amp draw test on the blower motor.
- Ensure the blower access door closes tightly.
- Inspect electrical connections for corrosion or other damage.
- Calibrate the thermostat.
- Test safety controls, including high limit.
- Test the manifold gas pressure and combustion air openings, if applicable.
- Adjust and clean the pilot light, if applicable.
- Check the thermocouple and replace it if needed.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Measure temperature drop.
- Check the venting system, clearing away any blockage and sealing any leakage.
- Analyze combustion gases.
- Check fresh air intake grilles and louvers for blockages.
- Check the heat exchanger for cracks, rust or corrosion.
- Check the burners for proper ignition.
- Inspect the drainage system to ensure it’s not blocked or leaking.
- Clean the condensate drain and trap, and replace the water in the trap.
Without training and expertise, you can perform very few of these tasks yourself. That’s why it’s important to leave it in the hands of a professional. Plus, having your furnace checked is a great way to ensure peace of mind all season long. To enjoy all the benefits that await you, contact JonLe Heating & Cooling and schedule HVAC service today. We proudly serve residents in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Image via Shutterstock.com